Call for Music
ISMIR 2015 invites submissions of musical works for evaluation and possible inclusion in the conference concerts that make use of MIR technologies anyhow. We encourage works that fall into these categories:
Which music fits with Spain?
Use of music information technologies and techniques in musical production and composition
As the use of technology in music creation develops across composition and performance practices, structured data plays an increasingly important role in the processing of musical materials, their analysis and their manifestation in a live environment. The music program in the conference will be centered around one curated concerts that will take place on Wednesday 28 October 2015 at Sala Unicaja de Conciertos María Cristina .
We encourage submissions that transit in the intersection of musical information technology and music produced with elements of Spanish music, in a broad sense. The work’s length should be between 4 and 10 minutes.
The composer should bring basic computational support for performing selected works (such as CD, DVD, laptops and/or required software), musical instruments, and performers for works with live interaction. We encourage the inclusion of performers among musicians or other artists such as dancers, actors, etc.
Composers are free to make use of the following facilities, which will be available at the concert venue:
- - SoundField SPS422B Microphone System
- - SoundField SP451 Surround Sound Processor
- - Digital mixer Tascam DM-3200
- - Multi-channel recorder Tascam X-48
- - Balanced Distribution Amplifier Drawner DA6
- - Amplifiers Crown XTI1000, XTI2000 and XTI4000
- - 1 video projector (1024x768 VGA)
- - 1 piano (a second one can be available upon request)
Music submissions should include 3 elements:
- Compressed recording of the tape part or audiovisual: a complete MP3 file, or MP4 in case of audiovisual.
- Performance instructions: a music score with complete description of the performance needs and a performance diagram including a description of the sound diffusion and stage or any other complete guideline clarifying the needs for performing the work. All these documents must be concatenated and submitted as a single PDF file.
- Program notes: in a separate file, the composer and performer(s) short biographies and a description of the work (each with a maximum of 100 words). These texts will be included in the concert's programme.
Additionally, the submission may optionally include any source code used. The source code will be visible to the Music Selection Committee only, and all rights will be retained by its author.
Please submit your music paper on https://www.softconf.com/f/ismir2015-music/ (left column "For Authors", choose "click here to make a new submission"). Remember that the music submission is due on June 30, 2015.
All submissions will be subject to blind review by a Music Selection Committee composed by the Music Chairs and Concert Curator, with access to all submitted materials online.
One curated concert will take place in the ISMIR 2015 program. The concert program will be made of a selection of submitted and invited pieces, under the responsibility of the Music Chairs.
For each accepted work, at least one author must register and be present at the ISMIR 2015 conference to present the music at the concert.
All questions should be directly addressed to the ISMIR 2015 Music Chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.